Monday 22 May 2017

Leaves, wonderful leaves.

We used leaves to inspire our writing last week. Here is some of our wonderful writing/poetry.

Leaf Poem


Orange
and red you
are awesome. Slish
you look nice. Bright like
the sun and white like the moon.
You fluttered down into my hand. Crunch!
You're crumply. At night you fly and day
you sing. Every day you curve up, please don’t die.
Moist and damp you get soggy. When you're red you’re
like lava slowly dropping into the sea. Dotty and
big and small it doesn’t matter as long as
you’re alive. Soft and silky you fluttered down
to me. Glossy green and maroon you’re still
my friend. Green veins in you.
Ferociously the breeze blows
you while the wind is singing Please don’t
go without me.
By Ronan

            Wooooooosh!
Went a lava leaf as it flew down like a magic carpet. Smooge!! Went the leaf as it hit the ground like an aeroplane cruising in. A gust of wind hit the old oak tree and leaves fell like lightning as they charged at the ground. They formed a gooey lava mixture and glooped towards me. The spines reminded me of the soldiers in WW1 and WW2. Where do they go? Probably around the world and back again before moulding into the soil so new plants can sprout and a new environment can form. It keeps on going around and around and can’t be stopped. Leaves are a hope of the environment and nature can survive and life can move on.
By Frank





5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Team Awa,
    Thanks for sharing your fantastic poems. I LOVE autumn leaves, their colours are spectacular! It is my favourite time of year for trees! When I see a pile of autumn leaves on the ground I just want to jump in them and hear them crunch. You are right Brooke, sometimes they are as crumbly as chocolate. I like how you describe them falling to the ground Ronan, soft and silky fluttering down. Do you have lots of autumn trees losing their leaves in your playground at Ohaeawai School? Do you make big piles of leaves and throw them in the air? Great poetry everyone! Thanks for sharing.
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jai here I like this this poems I like the way it looks like a leaves it is so so so cool.

    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi my name is Latoya I go to Blake town school I really like how the poem machete each thing and it is rhyming when did you make it and I Like itbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Team Awa, I like the way you made you poems into leafs they look cool. by Sara G.;)

    ReplyDelete