Monday 8 April 2019

Science and STEAM

Last week Team Awa had lots of fun creating. With Miss Fletcher we made a Bug Hotel to attract all the good bugs to our school garden. We used bamboo, newspaper, pots, cardboard, string and straw to create places for the bugs to hide in. We made the hotel rooms in a pallet. Here are some pictures of us creating the Bug Hotel.


We also had fun doing STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) activities. We got to choose what we wanted to create. Some of us invented our own insects, some of us created insects from nuts and bolts, some of us engineered like a spider and created webs and some got creative with the arts and craft materials.
Here are some photos of our creations.


7 comments:

  1. That is a great bug hotel you have there Team Awa. Sienna told me you were making this at school. I was lucky enough to get some creepy crawly crafts from Sienna, she brought home a spider in a web and a dragon fly she had made at school.
    Sienna B's mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creations Team Awa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora,
    My name is Peehikuru and I am a student in Room 4 at Tautoro School. I am 9 years old.
    I really like your bug hotel were bugs can live.
    I liked your work because I like your little bug figures
    Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora,
    My name is Peehikuru and I am a student in Room 4 at Tautoro School. I am 9 years old.
    I really like your bug hotel that are for bugs to live in. I liked your work because I liked your guy’s little bug figures. They are so cool. Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Team Awa. My name is Jack & I go to Paihia School. I really liked all of your art & that bug hotel is pretty cool, If I were a bug that’s definitely where I would spend my holidays. It’s cool how you related all of your art to one thing. Bugs! Maybe you could put all of your art in the bug hotel and take pictures of them relaxing and having fun! Before I sign off I just want to ask, what does STEAM mean? Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your science was very cool and i like the way your class used the eyes,bottle caps,screws,string and all the other stuff that your class used. I would like to make one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora Team Awa,
    I love how you made some interesting bugs out of recycling things like bottle lids, pipe cleaner and wire. It so creative. I love how you were so creative with your learning.
    Blog you later, Saphera

    ReplyDelete