Saturday 2 June 2018

The hot air balloon race

This week we have used a picture as motivation for our writing. We had a story starter and then we had to carry on the story. We also made a google draw showing the things that we would take with us in on the balloon. Here are a few of their stories.


The balloon

The balloon was getting ready. We are getting all the stuff for the balloon. The rest of  the balloons took off. We went up drifting in the air slowly. We are going to Australia and my mate Joe is coming with me. It felt like I nearly fell off the balloon.

I landed it in Australia putting the fire out. I landed on the ground. It was foggy and scary.  I nearly fell over. I had landed safe.
By Jack

Hot air balloon race
The racing  is about to start I can't wait to try out on my new
amazing hot air balloon. Kaira and I are going to have so much
fun .I feel so scared. Away we go! I see fluffy clouds in the sky.


I bought too big packs of water, two big packs of marshmallows,
two packs of pizza and one pack of carrots. I brought a gas fire,
a little mattress and two big blankets. A warm jacket if the hot
air balloon stops. I'll bring a kite too. Oh  I'm on  the night shift.
Away we go! I hear birds chirping by my amazing hot air balloon.
I hear people cheering for us.
By Cruz

Hot air balloon writing

This week we have used a picture as motivation for our writing. We had a story starter and then we had to carry on the story. What I like about my writing is I have really good adjectives. I need to improve on capital letters for names. We also made a google draw showing the things that we would take with us in our hot air balloon.
“Here comes the big journey crew” I said. We slowly lifted off into the air in the dark blue sky of the beautiful night I said I would take first watch on night shift incase another balloon tries to get in front of us. “While there is blood in my veins we will win this race" I shouted.
My crew was already fast asleep in their sleeping bags with the flame of the balloon roaring above them. I had the most experience with flying cause I was the first to go to the moon. One balloon thought they were faster than us they were close to it to by the way. The fire in the balloon roared above us like a campfire when you’re hunting in viking ages. Before they could overtake us we had a secret up our sleeve we had a lighter to make the flame even bigger than before and make more air hotter than before so we could race ahead.
A flock of beautiful kingfishers flew by and started pecking at our balloon! "Oh no" I shouted as my crew woke up when the balloon was almost finished off by the killer birds. But we had a hawk sound on our phones that scared those crazy birds away. “Whew” I shouted but sadly other balloons had caught up to us but we still had our trick (aka the lighter.) but it wasn’t enough we were almost at the United States of America (aka the finish line.) we crossed the finish line after a hard fight with all the balloons that caught up to us we were in first place. We had won.

By Jaxon

No comments:

Post a Comment